WELCOME TO THE 2019 IES PROGRESS REPORT SUBMITTAL SITE
The IES Progress Committee is mandated to, “keep in touch with developments in the art and science of lighting throughout the world, and prepare a yearly review of achievements for the Illuminating Engineering Society”. This program offers you an opportunity to present your important new products, research, publications, and activities of the past year.
Submissions Now Open
Early Submittal Reduced Rate Ends – May 17, 2019
Submittal Deadline – May 31, 2019
Accepted submittals will be:
- Presented during the Progress Report at the Annual Conference
- Posted on the IES website
- Awarded a presentation-grade certificate
- Published in LD+A
- Able to use an electronic seal from the IES Progress Report for use in marketing materials
- Available in a slide show or video format for section meetings
|LIFE SAFETY EQUIPMENT|
* Provide specific information on how your product is a technological advancement over existing, comparable products.
INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
Submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- Anyone may contribute submittals.
- Submittals must be entered via the IES website form no later than May 31, 2019. Submittals received after this date will not be considered.
- Commercial Introduction:
- All lighting PRODUCTS must be introduced commercially between August 1, 2018, and July 31, 2019.
- All RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS and DESIGN TOOLS must be completed (including all materials and/or research results) and announced between August 1, 2018, and July 31, 2019.
- Physical (or decorative) aesthetics alone are not considered as an acceptance criterion.
The Progress Committee may disqualify a submission without full review if any of the Instructions, Guidelines, and Requirements are not met by the submitter.
The Progress Committee utilizes the Progress Report Submittal Form and Accompanying Materials when considering an item for acceptance.
First, state WHAT IS SIGNIFICANT or unique about the submittal compared to existing product in the industry. Then, SUPPORT IT WITH APPROPRIATE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS. Product submissions must demonstrate evidence of “progress” in the industry. Submitters may be contacted by Committee members (not IES staff) if additional material is needed prior to the review.
In addition to the form, each submittal must include a photo and technical data as evidence to support significance claims. The Progress Committee requires a competitive comparison of the submitted product to appropriate products already in the marketplace prior to the beginning of the commercial introduction window (see above under Instructions, item 3). This requirement applies to products that claim an improvement in technical features, such as efficiency, efficacy, size, life or optical performance. New technologies, research, publications, design tools and totally new product types are not required to have a competitive comparison since one would not be feasible.
- Include one or more JPG product image file with your submission.
- Product image file must be high resolution with a minimum of 1000 pixels along each image axis.
- Images are a photo(s) of the product, the cover/introduction page of the research or publication, or captured images of the design tool in action.
- The image(s) may show a company logo ONLY if it is normally on the product. No additional company logo or information can be added to the image that further promotes the product.
- The Progress Committee reserves the right to use or duplicate images for presentation and for publication.
- Appropriate supporting information MUST BE SUPPLIED for each of the significance claims. An electronic file for each technical significance is required for submittal to be reviewed by the Committee.
- A competitive market comparison/matrix is required for products that claim an advancement in a technical feature This information is for Committee use only and will not be distributed or published.
- Support files may include, but are not limited to:
- Catalog sheets / cut sheets / installation drawings
- Test records – photometric tests (pdf), LM-79/80 reports, independent test reports (.IES files are not appropriate)
- Calculations – layout showing dimensions, calculation summary and light levels
- Drawings, illustrations
- NO executable files (*.exe) or raw data files (*.ies) are accepted, they will not be used in the review
- Marketing brochures must include technical information and verified data, not just product photos
- The total size of the attached support documents may not exceed 15MB.